2020 seems to be the year of readathons for me. In 2019, I participated in my first ever readathon; it was the first because before then, I was not sure if readathons were for me. I am a mood reader, as many of you know, and sticking to a to-be-read list doesn’t really fit with that. But to my own surprise, I loved it A LOT. I loved participating and reading books fitting certain prompts; if I’m honest, I also loved the tiny sense of accomplishment I felt when I completed all the prompts I wanted to complete! It’s not something I would do all the time, but it is a lot of fun. ✨
So in this post, I am so happy to announce that I will be participating in the Pondathon created by CW and hosted on The Quiet Pond! When the Pondathon was first announced, I knew I would love the whole idea of it; and when it was formally announced through a blog post, I completely fell in love with how creative and unique it was. I love stories, whether it be in novel form, or video games, tv shows … And the Pondathon is a story-driven readathon. How could I not participate?
🌻 What exactly is the Pondathon?
CW presents it: “The Pondathon is a co-operative and story-driven readathon hosted and run by CW from The Quiet Pond. The aim of the Pondathon is to read books and collect points to protect the friends over at The Quiet Pond from the encroaching malevolent forces that threaten our friends in the forest.”
🌻 And here is all the information provided by CW to join the Pondathon:
- To join the Pondathon, simply sign up anytime between January 18th 2020 to March 5th 2020.
- Choose a team, create your own animal character for the Pondathon and create a character card!
- Create a blog post, bookstagram post, booktube video, Twitter thread, or whatever medium you wish, with ‘#Pondathon’ in the title or your tweet. Share the character you have created and your character card!
- Link back to this post so that others can find this readathon and join in.
One of my favourite part about the concept of the Pondathon was how creative it is. A huge part of that is creating your own character for the readathon, and I admit to having spent a good couple of hours deciding on one; I just had to try a lot of combinations okay. Today, I am so happy to introduce Amélie, a bee who loves magic, daydreaming and discovering new stories.
I decided to join #TeamGen for the readathon! This team is all about reading backlist books, meaning books published before December 31st 2018 and I think it is the perfect team for me. There are so many books out there who have been published before that date, and it still allows me to be the mood reader I am! 💚
My Pondathon TBR
This is a possible TBR; they are the books I am thinking I could read during this readathon, but this list could change at any point if I discover new books or simply change my mind! I would also love your recommendations of the books you think I should read that fit the prompt!
First, I have first novels in a series that I would like to start. I added A Curious Beginning very recently to my to-be-read, as in a few days ago only, but I absolutely love the idea for the novel and I have had The Immortal Rules for a while now, and it would also fit with the #StartOnYourShelfathon which is absolutely perfect.
- A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn, first published September 1st 2015
- The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa published April 24th 2012
I have said this on Twitter quite a few times lately, but I really want to get more into the romance genre; I have watched many recommendations videos because there are just so many romance books out there, how do I even begin to choose? I picked these four, but there’s always a chance I’ll find new romance novels to add. If you have recommendations of your favourite romance novels, please let me know!
- A Nordic King by Karina Halle published September 20th 2018
- The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker published August 7th 2018
- Rafe by Rebekah Weatherspoon published September 26th 2018
- Always Never Yours by Emily Wibberley & Austin Siegemund-Broka published May 22nd 2018
Finally, I would like to continue on a few series I have started last year! I need to continue series instead of just reading the first novel, seriously. I own all these sequels, and I have enjoyed the first novels so I have no excuse.
- The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon published January 27th 2015
- Siege & Storm by Leigh Bardugo published June 4th 2013
- Hunting Prince Dracula published September 19th 2017
Here is my Pondathon post! I wanted say a huge thank you to CW for hosting this wonderful readathon, and sharing her beautiful art with us and allowing us to take part in this Pond story. The resources I have used in this post belong to CW @ The Quiet Pond and they are truly stunning. The Pondathon will be a lot of fun! 💚
Are you planning to join the Pondathon? If so, in which team? What are the books you’d like to read? I’d love to meet your pond characters as well!
Until next time,